Happy Friday, readers! These week I’m throwing in 6 things instead of 5, so please excuse my bending of the rules.
1. Notice anything different about the blog?! Hello, redesign! I came across the shop KreatedByKelsey1 while browsing on Etsy, loved her designs, and knew it was time to give the ol’ blog an overhaul. I was looking from something bright and fun that made a statement and represented the personalty of the blog. Kelsey nailed it!
|How cute is that bunting?!|
Moreover, Kelsey was easy to work with, quick to respond, and could see my vision. She knew what I was describing in my head and made it happen. We worked from one of her premade templates and put a personal spin on it.
If you’re a blogger looking for a fresh design, or if you’re thinking of starting a blog, I encourage you to check out Kelsey’s Etsy shop. Kelsey is offering 10% off of her designs when you use code BRIGHT10. This code will be good until next Friday, June 27.
2. We came home from the beach on Saturday. I had such a wonderful trip! In case you missed the posts, you can find my review of Folly Beach and the Tides Folly Hotel here (along with a link for 15% off Tides Folly Beach’s best available room price when you book with them!), and my review of the downtown Charleston, SC area here.
|Beach shortly after sunrise @ Tides Folly Beach hotel.|
3. Birthday Cake M&Ms. OMG. These are the best! And if you haven’t tried the Oreos w/ Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup filling, then you need to get in you car, drive to the store, and get them NOW! It’s been a good week in the sweets world.
|I hit the motherload!|
4. I hit up the local Clothes Mentor, which is a gently-used clothes and accessories resale shop. I scored some great finds, all like-new: Michael Kors tote, Lilly Pulitzer skirt, and Vineyard Vines skirt. I love finding deals like this, but I’m really picky about where I buy from second-hand. Does anyone else love hitting up shops like this? If so, what’s your all-time-favorite find?
|Total cost was around $100.|
5. We celebrated Father’s Day on Sunday. I’m so thankful that Chauncey is such a good daddy to Kane. He’s the absolute best! I’m very thankful for my dad and papaw as well!
|Love this 2 with all my heart!|
6. As you probably know by now, I always link-up on Friday’s with Lauren over at the Lauren Elizabeth. I always try to look at some of the other blogs that are linked up–some I like and some not so much. But when I find a gem, I try to share those blogs with you.
One such blog is by Katie over at Cup of Tea. I have really enjoyed browsing her blog. She’s currently during a 30×30 challenge, which is where you take 30 pieces of clothes and accessories from your closet and make 30 unique outfits in 30 days. It really challenges you to rethink your clothes and how you put together an outfit. And nothing is more budget-friendly than making use of what you already own! You can see what pieces she chose here and see a recap of how she styled the first 6 days/6 outfits here.