Be sure to stop back by next week. There may just be not 1, but 2 awesome giveaways going on starting Wednesday-ish. If you need some fall updates to your wardrobe and beauty routine, then you’ll want to enter!
TGIF! As schoolwork for the semester starts to pick up, I’m beginning to feel a little stressed. Sometimes it’s not easy to juggle everything that I do, but it’s certainly worth it in the end. Anyways, even with the stress I’ve had an awesome week! Let’s recap:
1. It was an all around good ticket week! I GOT GARTH BROOKS TICKETS–lower level!!!! AHHHHH!!! Trisha Yearwood will also be performing with him, so my level of excited is through the roof!!! Oh, and it just so happens that the concert is my birthday weekend:) Then on Sunday, I got to go see my all-time favorite movie, Gone with the Wind, in theaters! It was an amazing experience to see it with a theater full of people! One of my favorite quotes: “Rhett Butler is the only cause I believe in.”–Rhett Butler. Rhett, I can get behind that;)
2. In addition to getting my tickets last Friday, it was also a day for parties. Kane had a fall festival at daycare, where they sang fall songs, had fall treats, and painted itty-bitty pumpkins. It was adorable, but Kane was ready to come home and sleep.
After we left, I dropped Kane off with my neighbor and headed out to meet up with Chauncey at a pool party. Yes, an outdoor pool party in late September. The pool was heated and it felt fabulous–until it was time to get out:) I always love seeing Chauncey’s work family. They’re so much fun!
3. My Walmart Beauty Box arrived! You can find out what was in it and find out how to sign-up (super cheap) here. I was shocked at how awesome it was. I had set my expectations kind of low, but the beauty box blew me outta the water!
|Why yes, that would be one of the infamous blanket scarves, Click the link above to find out where to purchase for $12.99!|
4. I also think outside the box when it comes to my outfits, but I really pushed outside of my comfort zone for this week’s Wardrobe Re-Wear. The colored pants were pretty standard, but the intense pattern-mixing and wearing a dress as a skirt were new to me. I loved both looks, though!
|Outfit details here.|
5. October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. I wear pink for my Mamaw, two of her sisters, and countless others who have battled breast cancer. Earlier this week, H.M. Willow made an exciting announcement on their Instagram. During the month of October, not only will they be donating a portion of their sales from their “Pink Page” to getting mammograms for women in need, but they were looking for names of women who have battled breast cancer to name their pink bangles after, as a way to honor them. I teared up as soon as I read that and nominated my Mamaw, Mary Lillie, suggesting that the Lillie would be a perfect name for a bangle that I would be proud to wear. She beat breast cancer a decade ago before passing away while battling lung cancer 2 years ago. She taught me the meaning of being a survivor.
H.M. Willow’s pink bangles went live night before last, and there among them was the Lillie. I of course had to order several of the bangles that were named in her honor. You can shop the Lillie, as well as the other pink bangles, here.
Copyright–H.M. Willow. Used with permission.
How’s YOUR week been? Find any good deals? Getting the Walmart Beauty Box? Have something totally awesome happen? Let me know in the comments below!