TGIF and happy Black Friday!!!!! I’m unusually late posting because I stayed out until 3 a.m. shopping and just rolled out of bed. Anyways, let’s recap the week:
1. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with family. It’s so nice to be able to see everyone and enjoy their company (and good food)! I have so much to be thankful for, and praise God for his blessings.
This was Kane’s 1st year actually getting to eat, as he was just shy of being 6 months old last year and hadn’t yet started baby food even. He loves to eat, and yesterday was no different.
2. BLACK WEDNESDAY/THURSDAY/FRIDAY SHOPPING FOR THE WIN! I started my shopping on Wednesday this year. I love that stores are starting their online sales earlier in the week now because you don’t have to rush as much, trying to hit up all of the websites at the same time. I knocked out my shopping at Kohl’s on Wednesday, then I did Old Navy and J. Crew online yesterday morning. In the evening, I did Victoria’s Secret, JCP, and Amazon online. I had planned on hitting up Walmart online but they started their sale super early yesterday morning and I missed out–that never happens. So Della and I decided to head to Bath & Body Works and stop at Walmart as well. By the time we got to Walmart, we figured everything would be sold out (because we went well after the event times) but we ended up getting everything we were looking for except 1 item!!! You can take a peek at our shopping list here.
|We just grabbed 1 buggy and went! Surprisingly, it didn’t take too much sorting at checkout.|
3. I had the week off of work as I had some vacation days to use or lose. All day Monday was spent working on a SWOT analysis paper for my capstone course. . .UGH! I was also able to read Sarah MacLean’s new book, Never Judge a Lady by Her Cover, which finished up Rules of Scoundrels series. It was absolutely amazing! If you love a good historical romance, put her at the top of your TBR list! Kane and stayed home part of each day with me, and I loved having some extra time with him!
4. Speaking of Black Friday, one of my favorite Etsy shops, SewSarahR, is having an awesome Black Friday Special! You can purchase the clutch below (reg. $35) with these Purple Peridot (another of my favorite websites to shop) earrings (reg. $13.99) for only $32.50! Or you can use code BLACKFRIDAY14 to get 25% off all other clutches!
|Photo Credit: SewSarahR (the link will take you to her blog–check it out too!)|
5. Monday night was Parents’ Night Out at daycare. PNO is where the daycare is open for 2 hours one evening at no additional cost. Chauncey and I used the time to go out to a nice dinner at Malone’s. It was so yummy, and we got the coconut creme pie for dessert to top it off! We also lingered over dinner, just talking about all sorts of things:) If you’re ever in Lex, Malone’s is the place you need to eat! Parents need to take some time for themselves every once in a while.
Also, I’m one of the bloggers featured on this week’s Garay Treasures “Bloggers Who Inspire Me” link-up. There are 4 other bloggers who are featured, and you can check that out here.
How’s YOUR week been? Find any good deals for Black Friday? Have something totally awesome happen? Let me know in the comments below!