This week’s featured blogger is Erin from Sometimes Homemade. Erin is a working mom and wife. She’s striving to find a balance between work and life, which I know can be hard. The blog is her happy place and outlet for her creativity. She just posted about this cute DIY monogram succulent garden for the office. And as a mom whose little one loves bubbles, I’m going to have to try the homemade bubble solution she talked about.
1. My little family had a wonderful Easter. Kane was big enough this year to hunt eggs. I took him to a local church’s egg hunt on Saturday and he really enjoyed it. He hunted until his basket was full. On Sunday, we hunted eggs again and he made his daddy carry around his basket for him.haha He’s at such a fun age right now, and I love seeing him discovery new things.
2. We got together with some friends to have dinner on Wednesday night. They have a little boy who is about a year younger than Kane. It was so nice to see them, as it had been a while since we had gotten together, but it was also hectic with 2 boys in tow. . .not that we would change any of it:)
3. I’ve been planning a link-up party with some bloggers friends and would like to invite you to join. Next Wednesday, April 15 (I know, Tax Day), we’re having a How I Style It #coloredpantsparty linkup. Come join in on all the fun–you can see how we style our colored pants, and you can show us how you style yours!!! You will be able to link-up from my blog, as well as my co-hosts’ blogs. I hope you join in.
4. We had sunshine yesterday! It was nice to get out and play with Kane after I got off work. I pushed him around the neighborhood in his little push car and he loved it! That said, my backyard looks like an overgrown chia pet and really needs cut. (We purchased a lawn mower this week to remedy the situation–it’s just not really been nice enough to mow.) I hoping the severe weather they’re giving for this morning passes us by.
5. I’ve finally gotten back to a somewhat-normal blogging schedule this week and it has felt fabulous to be getting back in the groove. Thanks for sticking around through everything. One post I did this week was the 1st in a short series of Bright Tips for Beginning Bloggers called How to Start a Blog. I’ve gotten a lot of questions about this lately so I wanted to put all of my advice in one place. I highly recommend reading this if you’re considering starting a blog or if you’re a beginning blogger.
Thanks for joining us for H54F! Be sure to link-up below and/or let us know how your week’s been in the comments!
Follow along on GFC (click link or click button sidebar), Bloglovin’ (click link or click button on sidebar), or email (click here).
As always, I’m also linking up with The Diary of a Real Housewife, Meet at the Barre, A. Liz Adventures, and The Farmer’s Wife. And Erica at Looking to the Stars is doing a Friday linkup called Friday Feelings if you’d like to join in!