To those shopping the Lilly After Party Sale today, may the odds be ever in your favor. . .for real.
Allow me to introduce the gals behind The Sequin Notebook, M and B. I’ve been following the Sequin Notebook for quite a while now, and these girls are pretty amazing. You seriously don’t know what they’re going to get into next! One has been on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, and the other is an upcoming Jeopardy contestant. These girls are crafty, creative, and all-around fun! They do a monthly cocktail linkup and M also has an Etsy shop called the Printable Gal. Oh, and let’s not forget that most importantly, they’re H54F regulars:)
Hey Bright on a Budget Readers! I’m M (that’s me in the black top!), and I blog over at The Sequin Notebook with my best friend B.
Tif is definitely a gal after our own hearts with her deal finding ways, so today I thought I’d share with you all my favorite drugstore beauty buys. Now don’t get me wrong, I love me some Sephora and Birchbox as much as the next gal, but I also love finding a great deal!
Below are my Top 10 Favorite Drugstore Beauty Buys:
1. EOS Visibly Soft Coconut Milk Lip Balm (2.99) – I’m definitely a lip balm junkie but these are by far my absolute favorite. I can never resist picking up another flavor whenever I’m in Target but my current favorite is this coconut flavor. It’s super moisturizing and I feel like I’m in the tropics every time I apply it!
2. Burt’s Bees Facial Cleansing Towelettes – Cucumber & Sage (5.99)- Even though I’m embarrassed to admit it, I sometimes go to bed without washing my face – awful, I know! But after a long day, the last thing I want to do is spend time at the sink when my bed is calling my name. That’s why I love these towelettes. They are no rinse and amazingly do a great job with getting off every last bit of make-up and dirt. Plus, I love using these when I travel since I can pack them in my carry on without needing to worry about size restrictions.
3. Clean and Clear Blotting Papers
(4.67) – I suffer from combination skin which can get pretty oily throughout the day. These blotting papers work like a charm and just a couple of dabs, removing all of the excess oil without taking off my foundation.
|4. Garnier Moisture Rescue Gel (6.99) – As I mentioned above, because I have combination skin, I need to be careful about which moisturizer I use. I love the gel formula of this one since it’s super lightweight, while still doing a great job moisturizing my skin. It sinks right in once I apply and doesn’t leave any sort of greasy film or residue. Note from Tif: I love this one too!
5. NYX Noir Liquid Black Liner
(5.99) – Of all of the liquid liners I’ve tried, this one is definitely my favorite. I have small eyes so eye liner tends to crease really easily for me, but this one doesn’t budge! Plus the super black color is perfect.
6. Dove go fresh Cool Moisture Body Wash
(6.82) – This has been my go-to body wash for years, since it’s very moisturizing, with an amazing cucumber scent. Also I love the cooling effect it leaves on my body – definitely a bonus is this blazing summer heat!
7. Boots No7 Nude Lip Liner
(6.74) – This lip liner can’t be beat since it literally works with any and every lipstick colors, plus you really can’t beat that price!
8. Essie Bikini So Teeny
(8.49) – Essie is definitely a polish staple for me, and of all the colors, I think this has to be my favorite. It’s powder blue perfection and has been on my nails nonstop this summer. Note from Tif: this is also one of my favs!
9. Up & Up Nail Polish Remover Pads
Not only are these polish remover pads super convenient, they are the very best at removing polish! Normally I go through many cotton pads, soaked in remover to get every last bit of polish off (especially when it’s a dark color or a glitter..which is often what I wear!), but this baby did the trick with just one pad. And it’s a hefty felt material, so it gently removed glitter easily, while not ripping apart. Note from Tif: must-haves for travel!!!
10. OGX Nourishing Coconut Oil Weightless Hydrating Oil Body Mist
(7.99) – We all love our coconut oil, but did you know that the stuff also works wonders for your hair? I recently picked up this mist and after a couple of spritzes, it leaves my hair super soft and shiny, without weighing it down.
What are some of your favorite drugstore beauty buys!? Thanks for reading along and we hope you stop by The Sequin Notebook and visit us!
I’m on vacation all this week. To see what I’m getting into, follow along on Instagram. I’m down in Charleston, SC. You can check out my previous reviews of the area here and here. I have 3 more guest bloggers that I love lined up for you the rest of the week, and I’ll be back for H54F.