TGIF!!! Della at Della Devoted, Katie at Cup of Tea, Becky from BYBMG, and myself want to welcome you to the High Five for Friday link-up and the weekend. We made it! High Five for Friday is where we come together to share five highlights from the past week each Friday.
1. Saturday morning was the Bluegrass Unbridled event at the outlet and Nicole and I had a great time! We also snuck in a little more shopping after the event. You can check out the full recap here.
2. After the event, the Bright on a Budget crew headed back to Lexington to meet my parents. We went out to eat at Mi Mexico, which really hit the spot. Then, since we had babysitters, Chauncey and I swung by two parties at our friends’ houses. Plus that gave Nana and Pap time to enjoy with Kane by themselves.
3. Easter was sooo much fun! Kane and I tried out a church here in town called Crossroads for Easter service, and we enjoyed it! We came home to discover that the Easter Bunny had made a visit. Kane loved his Easter basket and was delighted to hunt eggs. Afterwards, we went to eat at Old Chicago where they were having a crazy promo–whatever your tab was that day, you bring your receipt back and get that amount to spend again in the near future! I’ll for sure be making a return trip! It was nice to spend the holiday with my parents before they headed home.
4. I went to register for the Authors in the Bluegrass event taking place today and tomorrow here in Lexington. I’ll actually be working the event as a volunteer. There’s still time to register for the author signing sessions on Saturday–tickets are $20 per session (morning or afternoon) at the door.
5. Last night, we had a family date night. First, we stopped by Pies and Pints for dinner. Then, we headed over to Rupp Arena to watch Disney on Ice with some of our friends. Not only did Kane enjoy the show, but we did too! Not to spoil anything if you plan on going, but the Tangled portion was AMAZING!!!
Thanks for joining us for H54F! Be sure to link-up below and/or let us know how your week’s been in the comments!
Follow along on Bloglovin’.