TGIF!!! Della at Della Devoted, Katie at Cup of Tea, Becky from BYBMG, and myself want to welcome you to the High Five for Friday link-up and the weekend. We made it! High Five for Friday is where we come together to share five highlights from the past week each Friday.
This week’s highlights:
1. Our friends’ opened their new bar, West Main Crafting Co
., last night! But we all actually got to check it out on Wednesday night. It’s an amazing space in the heart of downtown Lexington and has awesome ambiance. There are crystal chandeliers, exposed brick, and an awesome bookcase wedged between the bathrooms. The food and drinks are delicious, and there’s something for everyone, including picky eaters and those who don’t drink. It was such a fun night hanging out with some of our closest friends!!!
2. Two of my friends from the law school era got married last Saturday. I attended the wedding with my friend Kendra. The wedding was fun and the groom wrote a song for the bride, which they dance to for their first dance–how sweet was that?! Afterwards, I was able to hang out with Kendra and another friend that I never get to see, so that was awesome. Yesterday actually made five years since we graduated from law school, and it’s cool to look around and see the many friends I made and where we’re all at in life now.
3. Speaking of weddings, my friend Kat asked me to be in her wedding this October. She gave me a little wrapped package at the bar opening, and in it was a heart-shaped container of bridemaid M&Ms and the sweetest letter. I can’t wait to celebrate with them!
4. On Sunday, Kane and I met my friend Alyssa and her son for a playdate. We headed to a local playground and then grabbed lunch at Old Chicago before heading back to the playground. The boys had a great time, and Alyssa and I got to catch-up while they were playing.
5. We actually headed back to Old Chicago another night this week. We had dined their on Easter Sunday, and they had a promotion going on that whatever you spent then, you could bring your receipt back before May 4 and spend that same amount for FREE–how awesome is that?! So we had dinner on Old Chicago:)
This week’s featured blogger is Fonda, from Savvy Southern Chic, a style blog. Like me, she has an affinity for ankle pants. And if you’re considering a capsule wardrobe, read her thoughts on that here.
Thanks for joining us for H54F! Be sure to link-up below and/or let us know how your week’s been in the comments!
Follow along on Bloglovin’.
<div class=”bright-on-a-budget-button” style=”width: 200px; margin: 0 auto;”>
<a href=”http://www.brightonabudget.com” rel=”nofollow”>
<img src=”http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss133/brightonabudget/h54f%20logo%20square%20color%20pink_zpsmlhe68n8.jpg” alt=”Bright on a Budget” width=”200″ height=”200″ />