This post contains affiliate links.
Wedding season has officially arrived! I love all the happiness and wedding cake. . . especially the wedding cake.haha Weddings can be such tricky events to dress for. You don’t want to upstage the bride. You don’t want to look like a bridesmaid. You want to look classy but not stuffy. So what do you wear to a wedding?
When deciding what to wear to a wedding, I have some simple rules I follow.
1. Never wear white unless the bride ask you to wear it. For summer weddings, I prefer to go for pretty pastels or bright colors. Black is also always a safe option for any season.
2. Make sure the skirt hits at least mid-thigh. You’ll be moving around and possibly dancing, so you don’t want anything too short.
3. Wear comfortable shoes. I try to stick with a heel height of 3″ for weddings, so that my feet aren’t killing me by the end of the night.
4. Don’t overkill on the jewelry. Keep it relatively simple, and, unless you’re part of the wedding party, avoid dripping in bling.
5. Carry a clutch. I always opt for a smaller clutch over a larger bag, and just store the essentials inside.
This Victoria Beckham for Target
lace dress is the perfect dress to wear as a wedding guest. I wore it to the wedding of some good friends weekend before last. First, the overall fit is great. You can almost never go wrong with a sheath dress for a wedding! The color is such a pretty pastel, and the lace texture is so pretty. There is a nude lining underneath that shows through, but the sleeves are unlined. The length hits just right. Overall, it will make you feel super classy like Kate Middleton. And it, along with the rest of the Victoria Beckham for Target collection
, is 30% off right now, making it just $31!
For accessories, I kept it simple with these new Austin earrings
from Charming Charlie. They come in so many colors
, and are $10-12 depending on the size you get. This blue looks so pretty with the mint of the dress, but the cream shade at the top is a great neutralizer. My clutch is a recent Kate Spade Outlet find, and it pulls together the blue in my earrings and my blue wedges, as well as matching my dress.
are from Bearpaw and they are so comfortable, I don’t even feel like I’m wearing any heel height at all! The sole is amazing–it feels like you’re walking on a cloud. I’m such a fan of their new sandals. They’re perfect to wear to a wedding because you’ll be able to move and shake all night!
I also wanted to give an update on Kane (how cute are these pics of him?!). Kane had outpatient eye surgery yesterday. One of the muscles in his left eye was pulling too tight, causing one eye to sit higher than the other, and it was affecting his vision. So during surgery, the offending muscle was removed. There is still some slight misalignment, but we’re praying that resolves itself. If you pray, say a little prayer for him:)