When I decided to start simple (NOT extreme) couponing, I knew I would need some way to keep my coupons organized if I was going to actually use them. I immediately hopped on Etsy to see if I could find a cute coupon organizer (of course I did). I was absolutely shocked–some were over $20.00! Now to me, spending that much money defeated the purpose of trying to SAVE money. There’s nothing bright on a budget about a coupon organizer costing that much!
|Avon, c/o Amy Smith, Avon Representative |
My friend Amy gave me this as part of a gift–too cute!
BRIGHT TUTORIAL: DIY COUPON ORGANIZING POUCH
- 1 pouch large enough to fit coupons in (mine’s approx. 8 in. x 6 in.)
- Cardstock or manila file folders (enough to make your dividers)
- Determine how many dividers you will need–I have ones for Snacks (yes, snacks are important enough for their own category), Food/Groceries, Personal, Home, and Baby.
- Use the Sharpie to trace the outline of your pouch on a piece of cardstock/file folder.
Your tracing doesn’t need to be perfect.
- Cut out the shape, making sure to cut INSIDE the lines so that your divider will fit in your pouch. This means you should cut about 1/2 to 3/4 in. inside the line all the way around. You can also cut a “tab” at the top to label your dividers. This will be your template for making your dividers. Your dividers will be inside your pouch, so they don’t have to be perfectly cut to get the job done.
You can see how I cut INSIDE the lines, and added a
“tab” at the top.
- Use your template to cut out however many dividers you need. Make sure to alternate where you place the tabs at so that you can see all of them at once when they’re in your pouch.
I used blue manila file folders for my dividers.
- Label your dividers and stick them in your pouch! All done! You now have your very own coupon pouch!
|DIY Coupon Organizer Pouch|
I have found it so much easier to not only coupon, but to actually use my coupons, by utilizing this pouch. I hope you find it to be just as helpful as I have!