Every week, I’m surprised at how fast the week has passed by! Happy Friday!!! Here’s the recap of my week:
1. I started the week off in Gatlinburg, TN with 40(ish) close friends. . . no, seriously. My husband’s entire office goes on a team-building trip every Memorial Day weekend. They alternate each year between Vegas and Gatlinburg. We had to miss last year’s trip because I was 37.5 weeks pregnant, so I was glad we got to go this year! Each trip has its own name (with a story behind it)–Project Honeybadger, Project Death Squirrel, Project Baby Koala–you get the picture. This year’s trip was Project Prancing Unicorn, and it was awesome! This was the 1st time we spent the night away from Kane, but we survived:)
2. Of course, we had awesome food while we were gone. I have to hit up Fuddrucker’s every time I’m near one for their milkshakes and wedge-cut fries. Also, we ate at Flapjack’s. No joke, I ordered biscuits and gravy and pancakes with butter, whip cream, and powder sugar. Remember, this is a judgment-free zone, folks. Whoever said nothing tastes as good as skinny feels is eating the wrong stuff!
3. Victoria’s Secret was having their 7/$26.50 panty sale, so of course I had to go replenish my panty drawer! I also had a $10 giftcard I had received from customer service, so that made the sale even better! For those of you who missed out, Victoria’s Secret is now having their semi-annual sale! I tend to wait ’til the end of the sale when you can swoop in and get everything dirt cheap, but if you were an in-demand size, you may want to go on and check out what they have! There are several promo codes out there right now, including a free PINK beach blanket with any $50 PINK purchase (code: BEACHPARTY), so check out retailmenot.com to make sure you’re saving as much as you can!
4. One of my good friends from law school, Brittany, hosted a craft night this week. There was no particular craft you had to make. . . you could just bring whatever you were working on. I helped Brittany make a fabulous wreath, and I worked on some flowers for a friend’s wedding. Speaking of which, if you’re getting married, or know someone who is, be sure to check back next week for an exciting giveaway. . .
5. Of course, you know I shopped the outlets while I was in Tennessee. You can read here about my shopping haul and here about my advice for outlet shopping. I picked up the shirt from J. Crew Factory and the necklace from LOFT Outlet. I picked up several things in this orange shade, but I really racked up in the periwinkle department. The skirt is one I scored at an end of season clearance sale at Maurices last summer.
|Shirt: J. Crew Factory, details here. |
Necklace: Loft Outlet, $5 + an extra 15% off.
Skirt: Maurices, approx. $7.
To conclude, I had several posts planned that I was unable to do because life has been hectic lately! Work is hopping and Kane has been sick 3 times in less than 2 weeks. I asked the doctor today if we qualified for frequent flyer miles yet. No worries though–those posts are coming up over the next 2 weeks and you will not be disappointed:)