Congrats. . .we’ve made it to Friday! Breathe a sigh of relief and coast to the weekend! Here’s my week in review:
1. After several weeks of not seeing our family, we headed back to eastern Kentucky for a visit last Friday. It was awesome to just relax (and to get to sleep in and nap!). We headed out to eat at an Italian restaurant that one of our favorite local places to eat. Kane was exhausted by the time we made it back to the house! No wonder–the food was yummy and we were all stuffed!
|Also, a sneak peek of my next Wardrobe Re-Wear post. Had to re-shoot the outfit tonight because I didn’t get a picture with the shoes. Poor planning, I know.|
I’m in love with the maxi skirt above–if you are too, you can find it here for $7.50! If you missed my post on how to shop end-of-season sales, be sure to read it!
2. I JUST ORDERED MY VERY LAST SET OF TEXTBOOKS–EVER! Praise God! After 9 years of higher education (4 years of undergrad, 3 years of law school, and 2 years in on my MBA), I will be finished with school. FOREVER. Seriously. I am soooo excited! As a 1st generation college student,* I’m very thankful for all of my educational opportunities, but it has been a long road!
*When I 1st started undergrad, I was the 1st person in my family to go to college. Since then, my mom went to college and graduated at the top of her nursing class, and my brother is currently completing his business degree.
3. Lexington has had some cooler-than-normal temperatures here lately. That’s ok. My co-worker and I took the opportunity to get some dumplings from Cracker Barrel for lunch today:) Absolutely yummy!
|Kids Meal from Cracker Barrel: Kids Vegetable Platter (yes, dumplings count as vegetables at CB), 2 biscuits, and a drink for around $4.50. Now that’s a deal!|
4. I’ve had a little bit of down-time this weekend, so I’ve taken the time to re-read several books by my favorite authors, including Susan Elizabeth Phillips, Judith McNaught, and Jude Deveraux. If you haven’t read them, you should. I’m more than willing to make suggestions on where you should start.
5. I finally got some of the new Target goodies that I talked about here. No luck with the Whales Print popover so I settled for this plaid instead. I think it will transition well into fall and winter wear, especially under some sweaters. The sunglasses were a great alternative to the pair of Ray-Ban New Wayfarers I had my eye on, and I finally got my hands on the shoes that I’ve seen on all of my favorite Instagrammers’ feet:) The skirt is Vineyard Vines and a great find from my local Clothes Mentor for $14!