August 8, 2014 // baby
Happy Friday and TGIF! Let’s recap the week:
1. I was back home this weekend, so I had to stop for a sno cone! There’s an awesome little Tropical Sno place that I have been going since I as a kid. They have sooo many flavors. I got 1/2 wedding cake and 1/2 vampire blood.
|That’s Essie’s Bikini So Teeny on my nails:) |
2. I snagged this set from Ipsy for only $20 shipped ($81 value)! I did a review and a classy, natural makeup that can will take you from the office to happy hour–read it here
. The post
also has a link to Ulta’s awesome BOGO FREE deal on Pur Minerals (good through 08/09)! It also includes the new eyeliner I’m in love with
3. Kane and I had 2 lunch and dinner dates over the weekend. We met up with some good friends at the local dairy bar on Saturday, and then took the long drive home and met up with more friends! It was so nice to catch-up with everyone!
|Kayla (l) just found out she’s expecting a little one of her own! I think Al and Kane gave her a preview of what she’s in for. |
|This is Kane (r) with his buddy Noah (l). Jen and I got married 1 week apart, and had our boys 3 days apart. Since we do all of our life events together, I ask her not to die anytime soon;) Yes, Kane wore the same outfit Noah had on the day before, so they were almost twins. PS– doesn’t Kane looks so devious here?! |
4. I finally got in my interchangeable tassel bracelet from Style This Life! Head over here
to get the details and
a promo code for 15% off your order from Style This Life’s Etsy shop through the end of the month!
|1 bracelet with 7 ways to wear for $11 (less with promo code)?! Yes, please! |
5. Today makes 2 year since my Mamaw passed away. She was absolutely awesome–the stories I could tell you about her! She was beautiful inside and out! You may wonder why I’m sharing this on my #H54F post (which are happy posts), but instead of being sad, I want to take today to remember how great she was and celebrate that! In the last couple of years before she died, she learned how to “work” the computer, bought a laptop, and left up 3 tabs at all times–Facebook, Gmail, and the local obituaries (I kid you not). And Lord have mercy if someone closed 1 of those tabs and she couldn’t figure out how to sign back in.lol She would have gotten such a kick out of this blog, and I’m sure she would have left 4 tabs open now. So here’s to you Mamaw–love and miss you!
|Mary Lillie Stacy, 1945-2012. She passed away 2 weeks after I sat for the bar. |
How’s your week been? Find any good deals? Have something totally awesome happen? Let me know in the comments below!