TGIF! Friday, you’ve never looked so good! Anyways, let’s review the week:
1. After traveling for work most of the week, I did a little personal travel last night and ended up at Folly Beach for a girls’ weekend:) If you haven’t heard about Folly Beach, check out my reviews of the area here and here. Follow along on Instagram to see what we get into!
2. This should have been #1, but here we go: my cell phone took a ride on my mom’s vehicle this week, and it flew off while my brother was driving. If you read this post, you know I’m hard on phones (all of my friends are nodding their heads to this), and I’ve destroyed them before, but when I realized that was the last place I remembered seeing my phone, my heart dropped. My whole life is on that camera–pictures, email, etc. I got in my car and started driving, praying I’d see my phone. Right after I prayed, I pulled in a parking lot and circled around. As I was pulling out, I saw my phone! Well, pieces of my phone–the case, back cover, batter, and actual phone were all in pieces. I pulled back in and collected the pieces of my phone, and was hopeful when I saw the screen wasn’t cracked. I popped it back together and it worked!!!! The screen itself didn’t even have any damage to it–the only cosmetic damage was some scraps on the silver sides! Now, if that wasn’t an answered prayer, then I don’t know what is! Thank you, Lord!
3. Chauncey and I were able to fit in a date night this week by ourselves! We hit up Malone’s, which is an amazing steakhouse in Lex, and everything there is mouth-watering! It was so nice to be able to sit down and actually talk. While it felt weird to be out by ourselves, it was also really nice. Big thanks to our parents for keeping him that day and overnight!
|Plain burger, just the meat and the bun, well done, with fries:)|
Also, since I was traveling for work this week, I got to meet my friend Aimes for lunch at Miss Ida’s, and we just so happened to hit it up on chicken ‘n dumplin’ day. Sooooo yummy!
4. I’m absolutely loving all of the fall scents that are out right now! Pumpkin Pecan Waffles is one of my favorite scents from B&BW, and they brought it out in a 2-in-1shower gel/bubble bath this year! I was able to snag it at an introductory offer price of $10 (reg. $16.50). I then used this coupon (good in-store and online) for a free body lotion in the new Comfort scent (pumpkin latte + marshmallow). Yay!
5. Kane is so sweet. After I fed him on Wednesday morning and we were just laying in bed, he showered me with kisses! They’re a little open mouthed and noisy, but perfect all the same. I fall more in love with him everyday, even though I never think it’s possible to love him more.
How’s YOUR week been? Find any good deals? Have something totally awesome happen? Let me know in the comments below!