TGIF and happy Friday! I hope you’ve had an excellent week:) Is it just me, or do the weeks keep getting shorter?! It seems like they just fly by anymore. Let’s recap:
1. I finished up my midterms! I am so glad to have that over with. I kept having flashbacks to law school-ugh!*
*I wish I would have started writing this blog when I was in law school. Oh, the posts that would have came out of that adventure.
2. Monday was Chauncey’s 29th birthday. This is the 12th birthday I’ve spent with him (we were high school sweethearts). On Sunday night, I got a baby sitter and told Chauncey it was so the 2 of us could do dinner along. In reality, we met up with a group of friends at Drake’s, played trivia, and had an all around good time.
|Collared shirt: Target–this is the sailboat top that was so popular this summer, $13.98 (no longer available). |
Hello Sailor sweater: Bluetique Cheap Chic, approx. $10 (no longer available)
Necklace: Purple Peridot, $8.18 (currently $14.99)
Chauncey’s hoodie: Old Navy in Ink Blue, currently $16.99.
Then on Monday, Kane and I took Chauncey out to Old Chicago to eat. OC is one of our favorite restaurants, and if you’re a member of their World Beer Tour club, then you get a free pizza during your birthday month.
|Look at that belly sticking out.lol I promise his shirt fits, but he was twisting around so much it wouldn’t stay down.|
3. I cleaned out my closet this week. I have alot of clothes but not a lot of closet space, so it takes some shuffling to make everything fit without overflowing. And let’s be honest–sometimes, the overflow can’t be helped:) I took out all of my summer clothes that don’t transition well into fall to make way for my winter clothes. Now I just need to sort through my shoes. . . . If you’re in the same position and need to clean out your closet, but don’t know where to start, I have some advice for you here.
4. I’m loving that Homeland is back on! We started watching the show when it first premiered, because it came on after Dexter, and we absolutely love it! We also just started watching House of Cards and I’m hooked! And to hop to a related subject, does anyone read the Rick Riodan YA novels? The last Heroes of Olympus book just released, and I can’t wait to finish reading it! It’s unusual for me to not finish a book in 1 or 2 sittings, but I just haven’t had the time yet.
5. And we have a winner from our blog giveaway–congrats to Ashley Payne! Thank you to all of our readers who entered! I had so much fun hosting this giveaway with Della Devoted and KT Cup of Tea blog. They are truly awesome girls, and I hope you’ll hop on over and check out their blogs if you haven’t already!
How’s YOUR week been? Find any good deals? Got your hands on some of the Cake Batter Chapstick? Have something totally awesome happen? Let me know in the comments below!