TGIF! This week has been much slower paced than my last 2 weeks. Yay for having time to catch my breath! Let’s recap:
1. The birthday bandwagon continued this week. My mom’s birthday was last Friday. We went out to celebrate her birthday on Saturday night. It was a low-key dinner at a local restaurant that we love. Happy birthday, Mom! My mom is twenty years older than me, but that age gap has seemed to narrow as we’ve gotten older:) She’s pretty amazing. Then on Sunday, I took Kane to a birthday party for Al, the daughter of one of my best friends. It was at a play place and the kids had a blast! Happy birthday, Al!
|That would be pizza on his chin! He was having the best time!|
2. New phone time! For those of you who follow on me on Twitter, you may remember that I was tweeting with CSRs from the major nationwide carriers. I have had Verizon for something like 7.5 years, but I felt that they were too expensive. One of their CSRs, however, sent me a private tweet and we were able to add more value to my services. Then, I was able to talk to another wonderful Verizon CSR last Friday that got me a pretty awesome deal on a new Samsung Galaxy Note 4. If you’re looking for a wireless carrier, I would suggest looking at Verizon. If you have Verizon but you’re thinking about leaving, like I was, give them a call and see what they can do for you! It’s supposed to arrive at my office today–eek! So excited!
3. My Target Beauty Box arrived, and I was very happy with the value vs. money spent ($7 for $27+ worth of items). The one thing that I wasn’t expecting to like was the lip product. I thought the color looked too blah, but I put it on and it turned out to be amazing! The feel of the product put me in mind of the NYX Butter Gloss.
4. Since I’ve had some downtime, I’ve been catching up on all of my blog reading. Caitlin over at Coffee with Caitlin posted this amazing tutorial for a DIY Mason Jar Chandelier! Isn’t it gorgeous?! I also finished the new Rick Riordan book I was talking about last week, as well as Jude Deveraux’s new book called Change of Heart.
5. Can I just say how much I love fall?! October to December is my favorite time of year! When we were back home last weekend, the hills were stunning with all the leaves changing colors. I’m also enjoying the cooler weather, because it means that I’m getting to wear this vest more (hold off on purchasing, though–this vest was cut down to $20 just a few days ago, so wait til it goes back on sale!).