Evidently, ’tis the season for beauty boxes! Not that I have a problem with that–you guys know that I love a great deal, and that’s exactly what these boxes offer! Shortly after I received my Walmart Beauty Box, I found out that the Target Beauty Box was back and had to order it.
The Target Beauty Box has been around for awhile, but unlike the Walmart Beauty Box, it’s not a subscription. You just have to order it when it becomes available, and they usually go fast. So far, there’s not really been any rhyme or reason to when Target releases its Beauty Box. The last one was released in early spring of this year. At $7, it’s $2 more expensive than the current Walmart Beauty Box.
Here’s what was included in the Target Beauty Box this time around:
- Elnett Extra Strong Hold Hairspray, 2.2 oz ($6.69)– I love this hairspray! It provided a nice hold, and the spray nozzle is awesome! I would buy this hairspray for the nozzle/spray mechanism alone. How many of you all have ever screwed up the nozzle on a regular hairspray? Yep, thought so.
- Fekkai Professional Blowout Hair Refresher Dry Shampoo, 1.7 oz ($7.99)– I haven’t had a chance to try this out yet, but I have been wanting to every since reading this review. For me, the secret to finding a good dry shampoo is to find one that has some sort of starch as an ingredient, which this one does (tapioca starch, I believe).
- Laneige BB Cushion (sample, full size is $34)– This sample contains all three shades that the BB cream comes in. It’s an interesting concept in that the BB cream is a liquid soaked into a sponge, and you press a puff (included in the sample) against the sponge. Then you apply the BB cream with said sponge. The product went on great and covered well, but I don’t think I’ll be paying $34 for it anytime soon.
- NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk* ($4.49)–The color goes on smooth and stays in place. I used this pencil to highlight my brow bone and the inner corner of my eye. Because the pencil was so white, it required some blending but otherwise worked well.
- L’Oreal Colour Riche Extraordinaire Lipstick in Blushing Harmony* ($7.99)–I was apprehensive about this color at first, but I tried it on and loved it! It’s basically an amped-up version of my normal lip color, and is a color that will wear well all year long. I really like the applicator, and the formula was moisturizing, not sticky. Great drugstore lip product!
Overall, this box was a great deal for the price. For $7, you get $27.16 in products (not including the BB cushion sample, because I couldn’t find a price for the sample)! There’s also a coupon for $3 off of a $15 Target Beauty Purchase. How awesome is that?! I highly recommend ordering this box if you like trying new beauty products, but beware that not everyone is going to get the same colors in the eye pencil and lipstick.