TGIF! I’m sitting here finishing off the last of my leftover red velvet cake cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory as I type. . .it is delicious!!! Also, it is so cold in Lexington right now. Brrr [insert shiver]. We had our first snow flurries today, so I know it’s only going to get colder. Anyways, let’s recap the week:
1. I’ve been working with some of my close blogging friends this week (Della at Della Devoted, Katie at Cup of Tea, and Caitlin at Coffee with Caitlin) on something fun! I hate that I can’t share any details (yet), but while you’re waiting, the girls are hosting some awesome exchanges for the holiday season! Della is hosting a Christmas Ornament Exchange, and Katie and Caitlin are hosting the ‘Tis the Season Mug Swap. I’ve already signed up for both, as well as the Fa-La-La-La Blog 2014 Holiday Card Swap over at The Sequin Notebook. These are such a great way to celebrate the holidays, so go sign-up! Who knows, you might just get me as a swap partner:)
2. Speaking of blogging friends, I also love Kat over at Lemonade Linings. Kat and I are on the same page with a lot of things, including a new-found love for chambray! So we teamed up to bring you a Wardrobe Re-Wear featuring our new closet staple. If you missed it, you can catch it here, and, for the record, I love chambray + plaid!
3. I finally received my wedding and engagement rings back from Samuel’s Jewelers. They were each previously messed up when I sent them off to be repaired:( A new jeweler took care of them this time, and they look amazing! There’s still a tweak that needs to be done to the shank on the engagement ring, but I’m going to wait until after the holidays to send them back off. I feel naked without my ring finger bling.
4. My dear, sweet husband babysat (yes, babysat–that’s what he calls it even though it’s his own child…does anyone else’s partner do this?haha) Kane for 7 hours on Saturday while I hit up the new outlet mall that opened up nearby–the Outlet Shoppes of the Bluegrass. It’s almost exactly 1 hour from my house. I really liked the layout of the outlet, and they have some fabulous stores (that were having some awesome sales)! It just so happened to be the opening weekend for the Kate Spade outlet store–what a coincidence:) Oh, and I may have hit up Michael Kors too. It was a relaxing day, and I got a lot of Christmas shopping done for my entire family.
|I loved the nickel color/chrome-like finish of this satchel and just couldn’t walk away! |
Bag: Michael Kors Outlet, $120.
5. This picture is of my outfit from yesterday, and it contains a few of my favorite things– this necklace ($9.39 on eBay), monogrammed tee, my new nail polish, my rings (referenced above), and my HM Willow bangle that was named in honor of my mamaw for Breast Cancer Awareness month back in October.
As you may know, I’m a sponsor for Mimi’s Monograms, but I absolutely love her stuff! She has some awesome sales going on right now that make for perfect Christmas gifts:
- Monogrammed stockings (reg. $24.99, on sale for $21.99, $18.69 w/ promo code)
- Monogrammed quarter zip (reg. $49.99 + $10 monogram fee, on sale for $34.99 + $10 monogram fee, $29.74 + $8.50 monogram fee w/ promo code–please note that monogram must be added separately)
- Monogrammed long-sleeved tee (reg. $26.99, $22.94 w/ promo code)
- Monogrammed chevron bible cover (reg. $21.99, on sale for $18.99, $16.14 w/ promo code). Use code TIF15 at checkout to receive the pricing above (prices are subject to change at any time). If you’re looking for that perfect monogrammed gift, now’s the time to buy!