This week’s featured blogger is Jaelan over at Making Mrs. M. Jaelan is a vet tech from Texas, and she met her husband online (I love online dating stories!). Like me, she blogs about beauty, life, and style. I love her most recent post Battle of the Palettes–Naked Basics vs. Naked Basics 2. I had such a hard time deciding between the two, but I came to the same decision she did. I found her last H54F post, 5 Pieces of Blogging Advice that Saved My Tail, to be full of helpful information!
Now, let’s recap the week:
1. Bright on a Budget is 1 year old!!! You can catch my blogiversary post here. In case you missed it, there’s a fun little giveaway to enter. And if you’re new around here, there’s a good round-up of posts from the past year:)
2. Kane is growing by leaps and bounds. Chauncey took him to a birthday party on Saturday night, and Kane climbed up the big bouncy slide all by himself and then went down the slide all by himself!!! It scared me to death to watch the video of him, but he had such a great time!
3. The NCAA tourney has begun! I’m a HUGE Kentucky fan, and I’m hoping we go all the way this year! Here’s a Flashback Friday pic from when I was at the 2012 National Championship game in New Orleans. That was one crazy roadtrip, to say the least. GO CATS!!!
4. I’ve been in a shopping mood this week. I’d had my eye on these J. Crew Factory flats for a while, but had held off on buying them. When they finally went 30% off and free shipping, I clicked the checkout button on my cart. Then Victoria’s Secret is having their 7 for $27 Panty Party (who else misses the $25 price?), so I swung by to pick up panties and a new UK shirt. I had the transactions rang up separately, so I scored 2 Secret Reward Cards. And a new NYX Intense Butter Gloss was called for–I needed a spring lip pick-me-up.
|Shirt is not online, but here’s a cute one that’s similar.|
Shoes: wait until these go an extra 30% off again.
Please note that during the VS trip, Kane had a major meltdown. We’re talking 5 alarm meltdown where I wanted to melt into the floor.haha
5. I’m still getting prizes from the Instagram giveaway that I won several weeks ago! One prize was a one-month subscription to Sugar Spice and Sparkle’s Bow of the Month Subscription Box. How adorable are these 3 bows?! I also received this floating locket from Personalized from Me to You, which I love. Oh, and I found out I won a Rebecca Minkoff Mini MAC bag from some of my favorite bloggers:) I can’t wait to style it and share a little about the hosts with you all.