Rose Embroidered Tee + Distressed Denim Shorts

embroidered roses tee and destroyed boyfriend jean shorts

This post contains affiliate links and gifted items as disclosed below with “c/o”.

Happy Monday!  The weekend always flies by, doesn’t it?  Two trends I’ve been digging lately are embroidered tees and distressed denim.  I’m all about the details.  The tiniest details can transform an outfit.

embroidered roses tee and destroyed boyfriend jean shorts embroidered roses tee and destroyed boyfriend jean shorts embroidered roses tee and destroyed boyfriend jean shorts embroidered roses tee and destroyed boyfriend jean shorts embroidered roses tee and destroyed boyfriend jean shorts

Top: c/o Groopdealz  (tons of similar options here) // Shorts: Gap Factory (similar)                  Sunnies: Quay // Bow flats: Target ($25) // Watch: c/o Daniel Wellingtonsave 15% off with code BRIGHTONABUDGET // Earrings: c/o Solayne Designs

This rose embroidered tee was another recent Groopdealz find for under $20 (you can read more about my Groopdealz experience here). I find embroidered tops to be romantic, especially this one since it has roses on it!  The embroidery here is actually done on an applique that has been attached to the shirt.

This top is long-sleeved, but it’s also paper-thin material. I can see myself wearing this on cool summer nights. I love pairing long-sleeved tops with shorts.  I stayed away from denim shorts for such a long-time, but they’ve really made a comeback the last two years!  Distressed denim shorts are the way to go, as it gives them an updated, edgy feel.

The contrasts are what makes this outfit. I love the contrast between the romantic rose embroidered top and the edgy distressed denim.  I also love the black top against the light blue denim of the shorts.  To balance things out, I slid on my black bow flat slides. I kept my clutch neutral–y’all, this clutch is so versatile and I’ve gotten so much use out of it. And I matched by earrings to the rose embroidery on the top.  My earrings are from SoLayne Designs.  Meghan was kind enough to send me these earrings and I LOVE THEM! Be sure to checkout her shop as they have the cutest handmade jewelry!

How do you feel about the embroidered trend?

Nice to meet you!

Hi there! I’m Tif Fannin, the blogger behind Bright on a Budget, based in Lexington, Kentucky. Bright on a Budget is a Southern fashion and lifestyle blog where I share everyday looks, beauty, and travel, along with a behind-the-scenes look at my life as a working mom of two. I have a penchant for bright colors + good deals. Follow along for posts that are relatable to the everyday woman.

47 Comments

1. 5.22.17

I have those shoes too!! Love them!
    Jaymie

2. 5.22.17
    Dara said:

I love long sleeves with shorts too!

3. 5.22.17

Should have bought the black version of these shoes… they go with so much more!

4. 5.22.17

This is so cute friend; I love how fun this top is & it’s perfect for date night! Also I desperately need to find some jean shorts that don’t make my thighs look like a busted can of biscuits — checking these out ASAP!

• 5.22.17

Thanks! And you could never look like a busted can of biscuits! I picked these up last year at Gap Factory and they were such a good find.

5. 5.22.17

Those earrings are super fun! Cute look on you.

6. 5.23.17

Such a great look! Love your tee and slides!

xx, Elise

7. 5.23.17

I love when sweaters are paper thin, gives you enough warmth for cooler summer nights. The rose detail just gives it that extra umph to make it so fun!

8. 5.23.17
    Emily B. said:

The material of the top looks so soft and comfortable and I love how you turned a causal outfit into a stylish look with the earrings and cute purse and shoes.

9. 5.23.17

Great look–I love the embroidery!

10. 5.23.17

Love those sandals – so fun!

11. 5.24.17
    Ruth Maldonado said:

I love this look. I just posted an off the shoulder top with the rose embroidery you have on this top. You are perfectly casual and stylish lady!

12. 5.24.17
    Ashley Nguyen Newell said:

That top is gorgeous! I love the whole outfit!

13. 5.24.17
    Irene said:

love the top and your shoes!
    Irene

14. 5.24.17
    Biana Perez said:

I’m all about embroidery!! It just gives it a little something extra for sure!! Really loving your slides too! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

15. 5.24.17

I love that top! So pretty with the earrings.

16. 5.26.17
    Chrissy Rowden said:

How cute are those shorts?! Would you believe I don’t own a pair of denim shorts? Something is wrong here. Nicely worn. 🙂

17. 5.26.17
    Liz H. said:

You look way cute!! I love the embroidery!!

Liz

18. 5.26.17
    Steph Wolfred said:

Oh this whole look is too cute! Those sandals were only $25?! I need to check them out.

Xo,
    Steph
    @trendyinindy || trendyinindy.com

19. 5.26.17
    Heidi D. said:

What a perfect casual summer look! Love your top!

Heidi || Wishes & Reality

20. 5.26.17

I love those shoes!!

21. 5.26.17
    Jessica Jacobowitz Weinberg said:

That embroidered top is so cute! And I am obsessed with those earrings!
    xo Jessica

22. 5.26.17

Oh that tee is so cute! And those earrings are awesome, gimme!

23. 5.26.17

I love the embroidered detailing on your top, and those bow flats are the cutest!
    Rachael

24. 5.26.17

love those sandals!!! the shirt is so pretty!

25. 5.26.17
    Katey Haines said:

I love the embroidered trend. It’s such a pretty classic look. Denim cut offs are my quick Summer go-to. I wear them all the time. I love how they look with feminine pieces.
    XOXO
    Happy Weekend

26. 5.26.17
    Cassie Rea said:

This is such a pretty embroidered top! I’m loving how embroidery is making a comeback.
    XOXO, Cassie Rea

27. 5.27.17
    Angelle Marix said:

Love this entire outfit.. love those sandals!! You are so pretty!!

xoxo,
    Angelle

28. 5.27.17
    Kimberly said:

That top is so fun & im obsessed with your slides!

29. 5.27.17
    Dawn Lucy said:

What a cute top! Thanks so much for sharing with Fun Fashion Friday! Have a wonderful holiday weekend!

OXOX
    Dawn Lucy

30. 5.27.17

Such a cute fun look for summer. I am obsessed with those shoes and need to get them!! I kinda want them in all colors!
    Lindsay | sell eat love

31. 5.28.17
    candacehwd@gmail.com said:

Such a great top lady!! Also, you are STUNNING!!

Best,

Candace

32. 5.28.17
    Jenna said:

Keepin’ the embroidery trend going! Love it!

33. 5.28.17
    Adriana said:

Love this look! You can’t go wrong with embroidery, it’s stunning!

34. 5.28.17
    Adaleta Avdic said:

I really love how you styled this outfit, it all looks great together

35. 5.28.17

I am loving the embroidery trend this year–and this top is too fun! Love how you styled it.

Molly // Miss Molly Moon

36. 5.28.17
    Mariam said:

That top is so gorgeous on you!!!

37. 5.28.17
    Stephanie said:

Such adorable detailing on that top. I love the shorts. I’m a mission to find the perfect pair this Summer.

38. 5.29.17

Love all of the detailing in the top. And aren’t those sandals the best!?!
    xo, Lily
    Beauty With Lily

39. 5.29.17
    Anna Baun said:

This top is too cute! I love embroidery detail! And, can we talk about these adorable flats? LOVE them! XO

Anna || alilyloveaffair.com

40. 5.29.17

The top is right on trend and embroidery is something I want to add to my closet this summer. Love how you put this outfit together.

Bojana

41. 5.30.17
    Melissa said:

I also like pairing my denim shorts with long sleeves. Part because I am always cold, but I also like the look of it. Loving the shoes… cute add on for this look!
    Thank you for linking up with Weekend Wear

xo
    Mel

42. 5.30.17
    Grace | Graceful Rags said:

You said it all! I was going to mention how much I love the contrast between the light blue of the shorts and the black of the top, but you already said it. 😉 Also the earrings and the shoes tie the look together perfectly. I’ve always liked the idea of a long sleeved shirt with shorts, but I’ve never known where to wear it. A cool summer night seems like the perfect solution! Super cute outfit. Have a great Tuesday 🙂
    Miles of smiles,