TGIF!!! Della at Della Devoted, Katie at Cup of Tea, Becky from BYBMG, and myself want to welcome you to the High Five for Friday link-up and the weekend. We made it! High Five for Friday is where we come together to share five highlights from the past week each Friday.
- Chauncey and I celebrated our eight year wedding anniversary on Tuesday!!! We went out for dinner at Malone’s while Kane stayed at home with the babysitter:) For my gift, Chauncey bought me a Lilly Pulitzer tee and flip flops, along with two pints of Jeni’s Ice Cream. I can’t believe he went to the Lilly store.haha And in case you’re wondering, I got him bourbon.
- Kane had his birthday party with all of his friends on Saturday at Monkey Joe’s here in Lexington. The kids ran and played on all the bounce things and the arcade games. The crowd fav was the Jurassic Park game. I’m so thankful we had it there because all we had to was bring the cake–how easy is that?! If you live in central Kentucky and are looking for a place to have a child’s birthday party, definitely checkout Monkey Joe’s!
- Since our parents were in town for Kane’s party, Chauncey and I went out with friends On Saturday night. We grabbed dinner at Sidebar, a little hole in the wall with amazing burgers, before meeting up with several friends at West Main Crafting Co. Two of our good friends own the bar, so it’s always a fun time when we head out there.
- Nicole from What Nicole Wore came to town on Sunday and we had a Color Bar Party at Kendra Scott (read the post and enter the giveaway for TWO Kendra Scott necklaces here ) for a sponsored post. Oh, and there’s a second giveaway on Instagram for TWO pairs of Kendra Scott earrings–enter on this post.
- And last but not least, my kitchen cabinets are FINALLY being painted. They are the ugliest oak color and are going to Sherwin William’s Extra White. The guy started sanding on Wednesday, caulking and priming yesterday, and the painting starts today!!! Follow along on Snapchat (@brightonabudget) and Instagram stories to see how they’re progressing. And in case anyone in Lexington needs someone affordable that does a great job, checkout Stillwater Painting.
ICYMI, here’s this week’s posts:
4. Father’s Day Gift Ideas for Dad: Little Luxuries
Thanks for joining us for H54F! Be sure to link-up below and/or let us know how your week’s been in the comments!
Follow along on Bloglovin’.