Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, Walmart Family Mobile. All opinions are mine alone. #SummerIsForSavings #CollectiveBias #WFM2
When I go on vacation, I am always using my phone for one thing or another, including finding places to eat or things to do. Here are five easy apps to make vacation plans on the go.
5 Easy Apps to Make Vacation Plans on the Go
1. Google Maps–y’all, I seriously couldn’t go anywhere without Google Maps! Even if I know the route I’m taking, I’ll still plug the destination into Google Maps so that it will re-route me in case of traffic delays that Google Maps shows in real time. Be sure to keep your eyes peeled in case an alternative route pops up! Also, I like that you can add stops to your route, and it shows you how long much time each detour will add to your route. This comes in handy if you’re looking for a gas station or specific chain of stores.
2. Yelp–We were in Charleston, SC last month, and we used Yelp multiple times to find restaurants to eat at. You can search based on location and narrow down based on preferences. For instance, you can find Italian restaurants with 4 stars that are $$ of $$$$. You can also see the menus for particular locations and view photos taken of the food by customers.
3. Open Table–You can make quick and easy dinner reservations on Open Table. This is so much easy than trying to call around to multiple restaurants. Not all restaurants are listed, but many tourist hotspots and local faves are!
4. Uber (or Lyft)–If you don’t already have an Uber or Lyft account, then make one before your trip. These apps make it easy to get around no matter where you are.
5. AirBNB–If you’re searching for a place to stay, checkout AirBNB. You can rent out houses, condos, rooms, etc. in many cities. This is perfect if you make a detour or just decide that you need someplace else to stay.
As you can see, I use my phone a lot when I’m on vacation. This means I’m constantly flirting with data overage charges. It’s so frustrating! When you take Walmart Family Mobile on vacation, however, you don’t have to worry about overage fees! Walmart Family Mobile’s $49.88** PLUS plan has unlimited talk, text, and data, which includes up to 15GB of 4G LTE † then 2G*. And it has nationwide coverage on T-Mobile’s 4G LTE† network. It’s so simple– there’s no contract, no activation, and no late fees.
This means that you can enjoy vacation more by being able to use your phone as much as you want, for whatever you want! And with the extra money you’ll be saving on your monthly cell phone bill, you’ll be able to put more money towards the vacation itself!
It’s super easy to start or switch to Walmart Family Mobile, and it’s Walmart’s best pricing in no-contract wireless plans. Each time you renew your service, you’ll receive a free VUDU◊ movie rental credit valued at $7.
You can checkout Walmart Family Mobile online, or in-store at many local Walmart locations. You can also see how others are saving money and avoiding data overage chargers by checking out Walmart Family mobile on Twitter.
*Please always refer to the latest terms and conditions at myfamilymobile.com
**All prices for phones and plans included in this post are accurate as of the date of posting; however, these prices are subject to change. Please refer to this page or your local Walmart for current pricing.
†To get 4G LTE speed, you must have a 4G LTE capable device and 4G LTE SIM Card. Actual availability, coverage and speed may vary. LTE is a trademark of ETSI.
◊Limited time offer. Available for lines active with the PLUS $49.88 plan only. VUDU enabled device and account required for digital viewing. Customers must be 18 years or older to open a VUDU account. Movie rental only available in the USA. Free movie rental provided in the form of a movie rental code to the value of a $7.00 VUDU credit. Movie rental code allows for selection from available movies for rent. May not be readily redeemable on all new releases. Code will be delivered within up to 24 hours of the effective account renewal date. Must be used within 30 days of receiving code. Offer is non-transferable. Limit 1 per customer. Additional terms and conditions on VUDU’s website: http://www.vudu.com/