TGIF!!! Della at Della Devoted, Katie at Cup of Tea, Becky from BYBMG, and myself want to welcome you to the High Five for Friday link-up and the weekend. We made it! High Five for Friday is where we come together to share five highlights from the past week each Friday.
THERE’S A GIVEAWAY ON INSTAGRAM that ends at NOON eastern time today. Go enter to win a pair of Bearpaw shoes–there will be 2 winners!
This week’s highlights:
- We had an amazing 4th of July! I had to work part of the day, but was able to sneak in a quick afternoon nap. Afterwards, we grabbed dinner and took Kane to see Despicable Me 3. I love our theater here because it has recliners for seats. Kane and I also hopped over to a friend’s house to watch some fireworks. It was relaxing and fun!
- On Tuesday night, we attended a 4th of July cookout at our friends’ house. There were tons of good food and fireworks! Kane loved playing with sparklers, which was one of my favorite things about the 4th of July when I was growing up.
- I got to meet Dara from Not in Jersey!!! She and her family have been on an awesome road trip this summer (read about it on her blog!) and just happened to be passing through Lexington! It was fun having lunch with her and her crew at Shakespeare & Co.
- On Friday night, Chauncey and I headed downtown with a couple of friends. I finally got to check out Carson’s, a new restaurant that I’ve been wanting to try since it opened. We were able to snag a seat on the patio. My burger was delish. Chauncey got a soft crab sandwich, and it looked like he was eating a sandwich with a giant spider on it–I couldn’t watch him eat it!lol
- I picked Kane up from my parents house over the weekend (he had spent a couple of day with them). After we made it back to Lex, I took him to watch a huge fireworks show that our church, Crossroads, held at Evans Orchard. We ended up piling in the back of our friends’ van to watch the show and had an amazing time!
ICYMI, here’s this week’s posts:
Thanks for joining us for H54F! Be sure to link-up below and/or let us know how your week’s been in the comments!
Follow along on Bloglovin’.