This post contains affiliate links.
TGIF!!! Della at Della Devoted, Katie at Cup of Tea, Becky from BYBMG, and myself want to welcome you to the High Five for Friday link-up and the weekend. We made it! High Five for Friday is where we come together to share five highlights from the past week each Friday.
Thanks for joining us for H54F! Be sure to link-up below and/or let us know how your week’s been in the comments!
Since International Friendship Day is August 6, we thought it would be fun to have our own High Five for Friday Friendship Day TODAY! We want to hear about the friendships that YOU have made through the H54F linkup–just add a blurb to your post and link to your friends!
While Della has been a friend since high school (half my life), I met both Katie and Becky through THIS LINKUP before we began hosting it. What started out as commenting on some random blogs has turned into true friendships. Other friends I’ve made (but not all, because I’ve made many through the linkup!), include Whitney from Come Home for Comfort, Jess from To Sparkle Punch , Whitney from Polka Dotty Place, and Sheryl from How to Make a Life.
Also, there’s a $700 Nordstrom Giftcard Giveaway you should enter (see the end of this post). AND I’m having an online Lipsense party with my friend Ashley (who is in Becky’s downline) next week. You can join here, and If you need help picking out colors, just post and we can help you! If you haven’t tried Lipsense yet, you should!
This week’s highlights:
- My mom and mother-in-law came down to Lexington for the weekend. Chauncey flew out to watch the UFC match in California, so it was nice to have them to visit.
- On Saturday, I headed to Louisville with a few of the Lex Blogger Fam for a meetup of central Kentucky bloggers. Ate 8 hosted the meetup at their awesome rooftop location in downtown Louisville. It was a fun night. They had these little peanut butter cup things that were AMAZING. Afterwards, we totally paid money to kiss puppies outside of the venue.:)
- Did you EVEN know that Lisa Frank has PAJAMAS? They sold out quickly a couple of weeks ago, but they’re back in stock. I ordered the dolphin sleepshirt and the lip print tee and shorts. You can check out all 5 pieces here.
- We took Kane and a friend to Jurassic Quest on Sunday. Now, if you know Kane, them you know how OBSESSED he is with dinosaurs. He was in dinosaur heaven! Kane rode a big dinosaur, petted the baby dinosaurs, dug for fossils, and check out the HUGE animatronic dinosaurs. If you have a child obsessed with dinosaurs, then search to see if it will be in your area anytime soon!
- National Cheesecake Day was July 30, and Cheesecake Factory had half-price slices of cheesecake. Kane and I decided to go, but figured we were going to be in for a long wait. Nope! The tall tables by the bar at my Cheesecake Factory are set yourself, and one was being cleaned off just as we walked in:) Kane and I tried the new Celebration cheesecake, which is basically a funfetti cheesecake. While it was good, it just wasn’t what I was expecting.
ICYMI, here’s this week’s posts:
Follow along on Bloglovin’.