This post contains affiliate links. Giveaway on Instagram is sponsored by Goody’s.
TGIF!!! Della at Della Devoted, Katie at Cup of Tea, Becky from BYBMG, and myself want to welcome you to the High Five for Friday link-up and the weekend. We made it! High Five for Friday is where we come together to share five highlights from the past week each Friday.
Happy fall, y’all!
This week’s highlights:
1. Last Saturday, we took Kane to Christ the King’s Oktoberfest. We stopped by the funnel cake stand as soon as we made it through the gate:) That was probably a bad idea because we were covered in powder sugar by the time we were finished. Kane loved going on the inflatables. He also enjoyed playing all the little games they had set up where you could win little prizes. We had never been before, but we’ll definitely go again next year.
2. The massive closet cleanout of 2017 is well underway! I have more clothes than any person needs. It feels so good to be getting my closet and the entire guest bedroom cleaned out. I have friends currently looking through the items, but I’ll be putting things up on Poshmark over the next couple of weeks if you want to check it out! I’m getting ready to list several purses.
3. We tried out Double Dogs restaurant last night. It just opened in Lexington. The food was reasonably priced and good. The restaurant packs in a lot of people, so we were able to get a seat right away last night. It’s so cute–they bring the kids meals out in dog bowls.
4. I have partnered with Goody’s, part of the Stage store family, and ‘ll also be hosting a beYOUtiful event at the Goody’s location in Danville, KY, which has recently introduced their new Beauty Bar. The event will be next Thursday, 09/28 from 7-9 p.m. eastern time and would love to see you there! There will be giveaways (including a $250 makeover and more), special giveaways, unbelievable one day sales & hors d’oeuvres! Best of all, 10% of the proceeds of that day go to Dress for Success Lexington. And there’s a giveaway going on Instagram right now for the beauty items pictured above–hop over here to enter (just like and comment on the picture)!
5. I found Kane’s Halloween costume!!!! He wanted to be Toothless from How to Train Your Dragon. The only issue is that the costumes are from last year, and it doesn’t look like they’re being made this year. Well, friends, a Spirit Halloween just opened here in Lexington. I walked in and asked if they had the costume, and she told me she thought they had sold their last one that day. I was so sad, but then the other girl said, “Wait, what size do you need?” It turned out they had one left, and it was in Kane’s size!!! Let me tell you, I walked out of there feeling victorious!!!
Thanks for joining us for H54F! Be sure to link-up below and/or let us know how your week’s been in the comments!
Follow along on Bloglovin’.