TGIF!!! Della at Della Devoted, Katie at Cup of Tea, Becky from BYBMG, and myself want to welcome you to the High Five for Friday link-up and the weekend. We made it! High Five for Friday is where we come together to share five highlights from the past week each Friday.
I want to kick this week off by saying that I hope each and every one of you have a fabulous New Year’s!
High Five for Friday Link-up
This week’s highlights:
1. My little family travels over Christmas, so we celebrated at our house on the 23rd. This is a tradition that we started on Kane’s second Christmas and we’ve really enjoyed it! Since we had the day off work, we finished wrapping Christmas gifts before we went out to dinner at Malone’s. When we got back home, we opened up our gifts. Kane was so excited with everything he got, including the “cute little monkey” he asked for (I was able to score a Fingerling monkey at Target somehow). And I was shocked–Chauncey got me an Apple watch! I had told him I was going to buy one before the baby came, and it was definitely at the top of my wish list, but I would never have asked him for something like that. It was so sweet! So if y’all have any recommendations for apps or any suggestions on how you like to use your Apple watch, let me know in the comments!
2. We got up on Christmas Eve morning and traveled back to eastern Kentucky. Y’all, my car was packed so tightly. There was no room for anyone to move. I told Chauncey it looked like the Grinch’s sleigh when it was loaded down.haha We headed straight to my mom’s house. She cooked a delicious meal and we opened gifts. Then we headed down Chauncey’s grandma’s house for his family’s big celebration. By the end of the night, we were all exhausted.
3. Christmas Day was more relaxing. Kane slept in past 8 am. When he got up, we went to see what Santa had left and opened gifts with my MIL. Then she cooked homemade biscuits and gravy she also cooked a yummy meal that night). I spent most of the day in my new pajamas and had a GLORIOUS nap. I also hit the THIRD TRIMESTER on Christmas Day. Y’all, things are starting to get real.lol
4. The household purge is still going strong. I photographed so much stuff and put it on Facebook to sell yesterday. SO. MUCH. STUFF. I’m taking two garbage bags full of items to a local resale shop tomorrow, and what’s left over is getting donated. Chauncey helped me to get Kane’s room cleaned out more. And I cleaned out my desk area and some clothes in our bedroom. Slowly but surely, things are coming together. Hopefully I’ll be a reformed hoarder after this.
5. I’ve had this week off work. Kane chose to spend half the day home with Chauncey and I Wednesday, and he stayed home the whole day with me yesterday. It’s FRIGID in Kentucky right now, but he needed to burn off some energy yesterday. So I ended up taking him out for a playdate with my friend’s daughter. He had the best time:) I’m trying to enjoy these moments with because i know these days will be few and far between when the baby comes.
ICYMI, here’s this week’s posts:
Thanks for joining us for H54F! Be sure to link-up below and/or let us know how your week’s been in the comments!
Follow along on Bloglovin’.