This post contains affiliate links.
TGIF!!! Della at Della Devoted, Katie at Cup of Tea, Becky from BYBMG, and myself want to welcome you to the High Five for Friday link-up and the weekend. We made it! High Five for Friday is where we come together to share five highlights from the past week each Friday.
High Five for Friday Link-up
This week’s highlights:
1. My baby shower with friends and family back home was on Saturday. We had such a great time, and got lots of fun stuff for baby girl! Even though I go home frequently, I don’t always get to see all of my friends and family, so it was nice to get to sit down with them for a couple of hours. A special thanks to everyone who helped out with the shower, and to those who came or sent a gift. The temperature hit mid-50s, but there was STILL snow on the ground, so the kids had a snowball fight afterwards!
2. Chauncey and I had a date night after the shower while Kane stayed with his Grammie. With the baby on the way, I think it’s more important than ever that we’re taking some time for us. We just grabbed dinner, but we lingered around.
3. Friday night, I was able to sneak in a hair appointment to get my color redone. My hair feels 10x better with the color refresh and the split-ends gone. I went more light on the ends this time around. It’s always nice to be pampered and spend an evening with your hair lady!
4. We finally finished Kane’s room. His mattress (we got the 12″) and box springs came in from Amazon over the weekend. I feel a little less stressed having this out of the way. We also ordered the nursery furniture, so those pieces should be here today and early next week.
5. When I went to the baby doctor last week, they were worried that some of my levels were off. I had to go on a medicine just in case while they waited on my labs to come back. I got a call on Friday that everything was good and I could discontinue the meds:)
ICYMI, here’s this week’s posts:
Thanks for joining us for H54F! Be sure to link-up below and/or let us know how your week’s been in the comments!
This week’s featured blogger is Crystal from And Blue Sky, a lifestyle blog. Crystal is a long-time H54F-er who has actually been blogging for almost 20 years! See what she’s been reading lately here. And if you’re dealing with broken pipes, you probably feel her pain.