This post contains affiliate links + gifted items.
Yes, Galentine’s Day is totally a made-up holiday, but it’s one I can get behind! Galentine’s Day falls on February 13, and it’s a time to get together to celebrate your best girlfriends. The How I Style It crew is back this month to showcase cute Galentine’s Day outfit ideas, of course! Be sure to check out Becky, Della, and Nicole’s looks for Galentine’s Day. And I’m sharing some easy ideas to celebrate with friends!
Tunic: Maurices (similar, similar) // Faux leather legging: Nordstrom // Heels: Old Navy (similar) // Handbag; Kate Spade // Necklace: Kendra Scott // Earrings: Kendra Scott // Sunglasses: c/o Gordman’s (similar)
My Galentine’s Day outfit is a mix of soft and edgy. I found this terry tunic on the Maurice’s sales rack this weekend for $10, and knew it would be perfect. It’s actually long enough to wear as a dress, but I paired it with leather leggings.
To amp up the holiday feel, I added my Kendra Scott magenta jewelry. And you can never have too much glitter, right? Right. This outfit called for the glitter heels and glitter bag too:)
For Galentine’s Day, I’m hoping to head out to dinner with my friends. Here’s five easy and fun ideas to celebrate Galentine’s Day. And don’t forget to hop over to Becky, Della, and Nicole’s blogs to see more Galentine’s Day outfit inspo!
5 Easy Ideas to Celebrate Galentine’s Day
1. Head out to a fancy dinner with friends. Make reservations and hit up a nice restaurant where you can linger over your meal.
2. Have a sleepover. Round up all of your favorite friend movies (think Mean Girls, Clueless, etc) and invite your galentines over for a sleepover. Have everyone bring their favorite drink, and toss some Valentine’s Day M&Ms in with the popcorn.
3. Get pampered. I love relaxing with my friends. Go get pedicures, schedule a couples massage, or head to Sephora for makeovers (they’re free with a $50 makeup purchase).
4. Learn together. The latest spin on craft nights is to take a class together. You can do a painting, learn handlettering, or make a wreath.
5. Clothing swap. Instead of taking a shopping trip, get together at someone’s house and have a clothing swap. Everyone bring the clothes, shoes, and accessories they don’t wear anymore, and they trade with each other. It’s a great way to clear out your closet and get some new stuff for free:)