TGIF!!! Della at Della Devoted, Katie at Cup of Tea, Becky from BYBMG, and myself want to welcome you to the High Five for Friday link-up and the weekend. We made it! High Five for Friday is where we come together to share five highlights from the past week each Friday.
High Five for Friday Link-up
This week’s highlights:
1. We kicked off Saturday with a trip to Build a Bear. When I was pregnant with Kane, Chauncey and I went a few weekends before he was born and built him a bear. This time, we let Kane make a bear for the baby. He got to pick out everything:) He also made himself an Eevee from Pokemon. My heart about bursts with joy every time I think about him being a big brother. Then, that evening, I headed to Louisville for a blogger meetup at The Hub.
2. Sunday was the BUSIEST day I’ve had in quite awhile. We had to go out that morning to find Chauncey some new pants. Next, we tried to take blog pics but got rained out. I ran out to Whole Foods for a #LexBloggerFam brunch before leaving early to make it to my maternity shoot. Jenfolio did the maternity shoot for us out at Fairyhouse Hall. Luckily, the rain stopped and we were able to knock out the pictures. The first set will be up on the blog next week, and I’m SOOO excited to share them with you!
3. After our super busy day running around on Sunday, Chauncey and I ended the night with an early Valentine’s date at J. Alexander’s. J. Alexander’s had reached out a couple of weeks ago to offer us a complimentary meal, so it was a perfect opportunity! Y’all, the food was DELICIOUS. If you go, GET THE CHOCOLATE CAKE!!!!!!!! It was so nice to have a couple of hours to ourselves and focus on each other.
4. Valentine’s Day was fun! This was the first year that Kane helped me fill out his cards–he wrote his name all by himself on all of them. When we got home from work and daycare that evening, he was so excited to open his gifts and thanked us profusely:) I was one happy momma has Chauncey got me a huge bag of chocolate truffles and some stuff from Lush, which I promptly started using that night.haha We all headed out to dinner at Joe B’s at Kane’s request. And then we relaxed once we got home. It was the perfect day! Oh, and we settled on the baby’s full name!!!!
5. Last night, I worked in the baby’s room going through everything from our baby showers. I have all of the newborn clothes, blankets, and towels laid out to be washed this week so I can start packing a hospital bag. And I made a list of everything we still need. If you pray, please say one for this baby to flip. As of my doctor’s appointment on Tuesday, she is still breech. I’m going to the chiro twice a week to try the Webster method, as well as doing the forward inversion exercises.
ICYMI, here’s this week’s posts:
Thanks for joining us for H54F! Be sure to link-up below and/or let us know how your week’s been in the comments!
This week’s featured blogger is Meg from Borrowed Heaven. Meg is from New England but lives in one of (maybe maybe my absolute) favorite cities, Charleston, South Carolina. Check out her post on 30-Minute Party Planning. If you’re thinking about heading to Charleston, then her post on exploring Avondale may give you some ideas for your trip!
Follow along on Bloglovin’.