TGIF!!! Della at Della Devoted, Katie at Cup of Tea, Becky from BYBMG, and myself want to welcome you to the High Five for Friday link-up and the weekend. We made it! High Five for Friday is where we come together to share five highlights from the past week each Friday.
High Five for Friday Link-up
This week’s highlights:
1. We had Karoline! Technically should’ve been on last week’s H54F, but I skipped it since I had just delivered her the night before. I think this little lady is going to keep us on our toes.haha She was born at 37w3d. I can’t say enough great things about Women’s Care of the Bluegrass and Frankfort Regional Medical Center. I delivered both Kane and Karoline with them. The doctors, nurses, and staffs at both the clinic and hospital were amazing to us throughout pregnancy and delivery.
2. Watching Kane be a big brother has been such a treat. My heart melted when he met her for the first time. He’ll hold Karoline and say, “It’s me. It’s your brother.” He will also sing her the ABC song and play her his harmonica. The Sunday before Karoline was born, we took Kane to the Newport Aquarium and did their penguin experience so that we had one last outing as a family of three. Honestly, Kane is an awesome kid and Karoline couldn’t ask for a better big brother!
3. We got to come home from the hospital on Saturday. I’m so thankful I only had to stay 2 nights in the hospital. It was nice to come home and sleep in my own bed. I’m recovering well and Karoline is nursing well.
4. We did get 95% of the nursery done before Karoline arrived, so I’m counting that as a major win! I have a couple of things that need to be done this upcoming week, but otherwise it’s finished! Chauncey said that it didn’t make a difference if we had the nursery done or not (as I was making him hang items the night before our failed ECV)–insert eye roll. I felt much better knowing that the nursery was basically done. And good thing we got everything done when we did!
5. Karoline turned a week old yesterday. I’m over here soaking in all the baby snuggles I can get. I’ve taken so many pictures and videos because I just want to stop this moment in time. She looks like a mini/petite Kane when he was born. Why do babies have to grow so fast???
ICYMI, here’s this week’s posts:
Thanks for joining us for H54F! Be sure to link-up below and/or let us know how your week’s been in the comments!
Follow along on Bloglovin’.