TGIF!!! Della at Della Devoted, Katie at Cup of Tea, Becky from BYBMG, and myself want to welcome you to the High Five for Friday link-up and the weekend. We made it! High Five for Friday is where we come together to share five highlights from the past week each Friday.
High Five for Friday Link-up
This week’s highlights:
1. Karoline had to have two follow-up tests this week–one to check for hip dysplasia and one to check for cystic fibrosis–and both came back great! We’re so very thankful! You can hop over to my Instagram stories through this evening to hear about the journey we’ve been through the past month.
2. Kane had his first soccer practice last night, and he loved it! I think it’s so important to be involved in team things when they’re young. He had a great time running around and kicking the ball. While he didn’t use his hands, he was stopping to kick the ball every time, so we need to work on that. Best of all is that yesterday was absolutely gorgeous in the high 70s, and momma broke the shorts out:)
3. I did not shoot blog pics last weekend, so I had the weekend off. We got some snow Friday night through Saturday morning, so we spent Saturday snuggled inside the house. I read three–yes, three–books on Saturday! Once I started Abbi Gline’s Sweet series, I couldn’t stop!
4. We love brunch, but rarely get to go on the weekends. This past Sunday, we got to head to Josie’s for brunch. It was delicious! Kane and I split an order of pancakes with extra powdered sugar, extra crispy bacon, and two biscuits. Chauncey ate much healthier of course.haha It’s the times like this, with Kane laughing while having powder sugar all over his face, that I want to remember.
5. Kane is a creature of habit. Every time he orders ice cream, he orders “vanilla white ice cream with sprinkles, in a cup, with a spoon.” We went out for ice cream after daycare on Wednesday because it was another beautiful day, and he told me in the car that he thought I should try the blue [cotton candy] ice cream. I told him I would if he did. Y’all, he tried that, the Oreo filling, and the strawberry shortcake ice creams, and ended up getting cotton candy with sprinkles! This is a momentous occasion in our house.haha
ICYMI, here’s this week’s posts:
Thanks for joining us for H54F! Be sure to link-up below and/or let us know how your week’s been in the comments!
This week’s featured blogger is Kasey of Days of a Wife, a lifestyle blog. Kasey is a teacher. I love a good makeup empties post, and she has taken it one step further by doing everything from beauty to cleaning supplies–check out her huge empties post here. And she gives some great advice in her post about five small ways to save money.