This post contains affiliate links + gifted items.
I turned 32 on Sunday, and it was the best day! Kane and I went to church and picked up donuts, I took a nap, we shot some blog pics (including these), I used my birthday discount at Kendra Scott (50% off one item), and we went to dinner at Malone’s. The battery in my DSLR died in the middle of shooting pics, so we just shot these on my phone. Anyways, some of my friends have done fun “about me” posts for their birthday, and I’ve really enjoyed them. Today I’m jumping on the birthday bandwagon and sharing 32 things you may not know about me:)
SHOP THIS LOOK
1. I was born on Election Day. . .which segues into my PSA for today: GO VOTE!!! I voted first thing this morning. Your “I Voted” sticker is the most important accessory you can wear today!
2. I’m allergic to onions. This is why I often get my pizza without pizza sauce.
3. My shoe size is typically a 9 or 9.5. I think my feet grew just a tad while I was pregnant with Karoline.
4. Growing up, my favorite super hero was BATMAN! I remember having a Batman cake with a PINK Batman logo. I also had a t-shirt with a Batman logo.
5. One of my other favorite t-shirts I had was a Little Mermaid one that I still remember to this day!
6. For 5th grade career day, I went as the first woman president.
7. If I had to choose just one favorite color, it would be periwinkle blue. But I love ALL colors (except maybe North Carolina blue.haha).
8. I had straight A’s all through elementary, middle, and high school, as well as college and my MBA program. Law school was what it was.haha
9. Chauncey and I were introduced by his ex-girlfriend, and our relationship started on ICQ.
10. My first job was at DQ. I still judge people who can’t swirl the top of an ice cream cone correctly or who can’t flip a Blizzard upside down.
11. I didn’t eat gravy until I was pregnant with Kane. I love it on biscuits now, but only eat white gravy without any sausage in it.
12. There’s a picture of me from when I was 3 or 4 where I’m climbing a tree in just a trucker hat and panties.haha
13. I was bullied growing up. I’m thankful that I’m strong-willed and was able to overcome it.
14. I hate the texture of fruit, but love fruit flavors.
15. Current favorite TV shows are Suits, Homeland, the Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, and Westworld. I wish that Justified was still on.
16. it wasn’t until I hit law school that I finally truly felt comfortable in my own skin.
17. I have very eclectic tastes in music. One time, I bought tickets to Lady Gaga, George Strait and Reba, and the Eagles within something like a 6-month span.
18. I used to hate Target. Don’t worry–I’m reformed.
19. Elle Woods sort of inspired me to go to law school.
20. I was 24 the first time I dyed my hair.
21. I was co-valedictorian of both my high school and college classes.
22. I’m a Pittsburgh Steelers fan.
23. I only applied to law school at the University of Kentucky and was accepted my first try.
24. I also got into the MBA program at UK at the same time, but ended up doing law school first.
25. I sat for the LSAT and the GMAT twice each within a 2.5 month span from October to mid-December during the first semester of my senior year of undergrad.
26. Kane’s name came from a romance novel (Twin of Ice/Twin of Fire by Jude Deveraux), and I’ve had it picked out since high school. If he would’ve been a girl, his name would’ve been Lillie Katheryne (Kit for short).
27. My eyes have always been bad. My prescription is -9.75 for glasses.
28. I used to play with my mom’s makeup and pretty much destroy it. Karoline’s probably going to do the same to me.lol
Top // Jeans–50% off!!! // Faux snakeskin boots // Crossbody camera bag // Necklace c/o
29. My first car was a silver 99 Pontiac Grand Am that I got when I was 15 years old. I cried when my dad brought it home, and they were not tears of joy because it was a 4-door car. Chauncey ended up having a matching car, except his was a red 2-door.
30. I saw the beach for the first time and went to Disney for the first time on the same trip when I was 15 years old.
31. I’m very proud of my Appalachian roots.
32. If I wouldn’t have gone to college for business, I would’ve been a cosmetologist. I also considered being a pharmacist.
Hope you enjoyed learning a little more about me! How much do we have in common?
Also, to wrap up this post, let me say that you NEED this outfit! My boots and jeans are on heavy rotation. NEWS FLASH: My jeans are currently 50% off, making them UNDER $50!!!! These are the best jeans to had a mommy tummy!!! And I grabbed my top this weekend because I’m looking for my blouses to add to my wardrobe. This would be such a great Thanksgiving outfit!