This post contains affiliate links.
The 2019 Nordstrom Anniversary Sale goes LIVE today for cardholders at 12:30 p.m., and live for everyone else on 07/19. This sale gets blown out of proportion every year–yes, there are some good deals, but you don’t need to mortgage your house to buy everything you see. I’ve rounded up some under $60 deals to share with you (and I’ll tell you what I’m actually buying), plus I’m sharing what I’m NOT buying from the sale this year.
Best Under $60 Buys from the 2019 Nordstrom Sale
Kut from the Kloth Kelsey High Wait Raw Hem Ankle Flare Jeans ($58.90) -BUYING- : I love a good pair of black jeans for fall, and the length of these are perfect to wear now, wear later. I think jeans are maybe one of the best buys of the Nordstrom sale.
BP Midi Slipdress ($38.90): this dress will be a great transitional piece going into fall. Wear now as is, wear later with a moto jacket.
Kut from the Kloth Reese High Waist Ankle Straight Leg Jeans ($59.50) -BUYING-: I grabbed the Donna jean last year and it’s my favorite pair of jeans, so I’m excited to add some new cuts to my collection!
Steve Madden Feather Studded Loafer ($59.90) -BUYING-: These come in several colors, but trust me and get the python! Python is HUGE for fall, and will give leopard print a run for its money.
Quay Australia x Desi Perkins High Key Aviator Sunglasses ($42.90): Quay is my favorite brand of sunnies. If you’re looking for good quality sunnies without a $100+ price tag, these are for you.
Kendra Scott Maggie Medium Hoop Earrings ($37.90): excellent price point for a new style release from the 2019 Fall Collection (the small and regular size dropped on the Kendra Scott website this week).
Kendra Scott Betty Stud Earrings ($32.90): another great everyday wear style!
Zella Live-in High Waist Leggings ($38.90) -BUYING-: I live in these when it gets cold. Hands-down my favorite Nordstrom sale purchase EVER! I buy a new pair every year. If you don’t have a pair, buy the black ones. If you already have a pair of black ones, branch out this year to a colored pair or a crop pair!
Kendra Scott Ever Pendant Necklace ($42.90): classic Kendra Scott piece. It layers well and you can wear it every day. Some stone options are even cheaper.
BP Lightweight Sweater ($25.90) -BUYING-: I’ve had my eye out for a pretty green sweater, as brighter greens are going to be in for fall this year.
What NOT to Buy from the 2019 Nordstrom Sale (Yes, These Popular Items)
Now, y’all know I love a good deal as much as (OK, maybe more than) anyone else, but listen up: not everything in the Nordstrom sale is a good buy. There, I said it. People go a little crazy during the sale, and are then left wondering what in the crap happened. Here’s a short list of things to AVOID buying from the Nordstrom Sale.
1. Tory Burch bags: while I have not laid hands on this years bags, they appear to be the same material as previous years. These bags are not typical Tory Burch quality–they are more outlet quality, and unless I’m mistaken, I have seen very similar bags turn up at the outlets after the sale is over. Skip these and save your money for a sale on full-price Tory Burch.
2. Booties and boots: real talk. I buy most of my booties and boots from Target. Wait until Target release their fall and winter lines of shoes. You will see many dupes for boots that are in the Nordstrom sale as it gets closer to fall, when you’ll actually wear them. I personally have ended up purchasing Target dupes of some of the sale’s must-have boots two years (maybe last 3 years?) in a row.
3. Beauty specials: I’ve not seen anything that I’m super impressed with this year when it comes to beauty buys. Skip this and save you money for Ulta’s 21 Days of Beauty in September.
4. Short-sleeved BP tees: I had this on the list last year as well. There’s nothing special about these basic short-sleeved tees, and I’m not a fan of the quality. Skip these and pickup from Old Navy or Target instead. (Sidenote: @whatnicolewore has a funny rant about these “tax-bracket tees” on Instagram stories rn.)
ICYMI, here are this week’s posts:
1. White Tropical Palm Print Maxi Dress
2. Tips for Packing Your Jewelry for a Trip
TGIF!!! Della at Della Devoted, Becky at BYBMG, Whitney J at Polka Dotty Place, Whitney P at Come Home for Comfort, and myself want to welcome you to the High Five for Friday link-up and the weekend. We made it! High Five for Friday is where we come together to share our favorite posts we’ve written throughout the week. Drop up to 3 links below!